Statement of Terms and Conditions
1. The following statement explains our policy regarding the information we collect about you. We advise printing this statement upon your first use of this website.
Statement of intent
2. Our aim is to encourage and assist businesses to move into the North London area. We can provide details of commercial properties and agents plus information on funding, recruitment services and other business support and training schemes. From time to time, you may be asked to submit information (including personal information) about yourself (e.g. name and email address etc) or your business in order to receive or use services on our website. By registering with us or entering your details in the fields requested, you enable North London Business and (subject to your consent) its service providers to provide you with the services and/or information you select.
3. Whenever you provide such information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. North London Business will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Information on visitors
For example: it may assist you in finding property more effectively, or save you having to log in each time.
5. When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows. Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user.
Use and storage of your information
6. When you supply any personal or business information to North London Business (e.g. for access to the property database or to ask a question) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else.
7. By registering with or providing information to us, you accept that we may contact you by telephone and post unless you tell us otherwise. You acknowledge that if you notify us that you do not wish to be contacted, we will be unable to assist you properly, if at all.
8. We will use your information for the following purposes:
A statistical analysis/surveys
B to administer the website
C to provide you with mail shots from time to time
D to provide you with details of events which might be of interest to you
E to provide you with our newsletters
F to ensure that we are providing value to our clients
G to report to our funders to safeguard future funding (due to our reliance on public funding, please note that by registering with us you are deemed to have consented to us providing your details to our funders so that we can show that we are providing a valuable service)
9. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to North London Business or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on this website, and North London Business considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, North London Business can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail provider or the Police about the content and your behaviour. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Access to your personal information
10. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information North London Business holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected, please write to the address below.
Using our property database
11. Information supplied in our Property Search and advice is based upon materials either compiled by us through independent research, or supplied to us by third parties. Property particulars are for information only, and to give a general idea of the property. North London Business can give no assurance that the information supplied is accurate, or complete for your purposes, and no legal responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions or misleading statements in that information caused by negligence or otherwise except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or our fraudulent misstatement. Full property details and verification should be sought from the relevant property agent. Liability for any costs, claims, losses or expenses caused by the use of this website is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
12. North London Business is a publicly funded organisation and we will keep a record of premises details you have viewed online. If in the future we find through independent means that you have moved into the North London area, we will assume that this was with the help of our premises searcher, and we will use this as evidence for jobs safeguarded and created.
You hereby agree that if you find commercial premises in North London with the help of our commercial premises database or having viewed the premises on our website, you will complete and sign a short form outlining whether jobs were created or safeguarded as a result. This feedback is required by our funders and we will supply a copy of your form to those funders to enable continued funding of our services which are free to businesses. This provides us with feedback on our service and is a requirement of our public funders, who we rely on to continue providing this free service and to provide support to businesses in the future.
13. You warrant that any information you provide to us via our website or otherwise is complete, accurate and not misleading.
14. We cannot accept liability interruptions to our website or for the contents of any other website to which our site provides a link. The provision of a link to a third partyâ€™s website should not be considered as an endorsement by North London Business of that third party or its website.
15. Whilst we have used all reasonable security measures, you acknowledge that the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot give any warranty that this site is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
16. All copyright in the design, text, graphics and other material on the site and all trademarks belong to North London Business, our Partners or other third parties. You may use the information contained on our website only for the purposes envisaged by this website and for no other purposes. You may copy any part of the contents of the pages on our site on a temporary basis for your own private use but only for viewing and not for permanent use or for distribution to third parties without our express permission.
17. We reserve the right to change the contents of our site without notice.
18. This website has been created and is hosted in England. These terms and conditions (and accordingly all visits to this website) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If you wish to contact us please use the following details:
North London Business
1st Floor Heron House,
London N17 9NF
Telephone 020 8885 9200